Monday, December 7, 2009

Over The Moon Monday - Technique


Good morning and welcome to another Over The Moon Monday. I hope you had a great weekend. I spent it with my two granddaughters, which was great. We were keeping them overnight so Mom and Dad could go to her company Christmas Party, but decided to get them early and make a day of it. We picked them up, then went to the Flea Market, followed by a late lunch/early dinner at CiCi's Pizza. We did our nails and did card tricks and was silly. On Sunday we watched movies all day. It was great!

For today's card, I chose a technique from the current Technique Junkie's newsletter called Rachel's Coat.


It's basically a Joseph's Coat technique, except you use designer paper for the background. I chose a candy cane striped paper for my background, stamped and clear embossed the snowflakes and saying, then covered it with black ink, removing the ink from the embossed areas. I matted it on a pink cardstock, and used my scalloped edge punch. The whole thing was then adhered to the black cardstock.

I think I will make another, but after matting it on the pink cardstock, I will then adhere it to the same candy-cane striped background paper.

Anyway, the possibilities are endless. I hope you get to try this technique and post a link to it in the comment section.

Happy Crafting!

No comments: