Monday, May 4, 2009

Over The Moon Monday - Technique Challenge


Good morning! I hope you had a relaxing weekend. I was busy making birthday cards this weekend, as most of my family has a birthday in May.


Are you ready for a challenge? Then let's get started! I've been using my alcohol inks recently, and I love the way they look on aluminum foil.

To make today's card, I glued aluminum foil to a piece of cardstock so that the shape would hold. Then I ran it through the cuttlebug with an embossing folder.
I chose a couple of colors of alcohol ink and dabbed them onto the embossed aluminum foil. Then I lightly spritzed it with alcohol. Then I took a copic marker and colored the flowers and vines. I stamped "Thinking of You" onto a piece of white cardstock and punched it out. I backed it with a larger punched piece, and punched tiny holes in that. I adhered it to the card front with pop dots.

Now it's your turn. Please post in the comments with a link to your creation.

9 comments:

Lesley said...

Great technique Becky! TFS

Barb S. (FL) said...

All I can say is WOW...... This is fantastic and must try for me.
TFS,
Barb S (FL)

Shelly said...

Gorgeous!!! I have to try this. I don't have copic markers. I'll have to improvise.

Becky said...

If you don't have alcohol inks, Staz-On works well, and also you can use Sharpie markers or Bic markers to color the flowers.

Candy Scaccia said...

I was fortunate to see this card in person and it is beautiful!!!

Shelly said...

I loved this technique. Thanks so much for sharing it, Becky. Here's a link to my first card made with it:

http://inkyhugz.blogspot.com/2009/05/puttin-on-glitz.html

Becky said...

I love the card Shelly made...if you haven't taken a look yet, please do so. It's gorgeous!

itsallrosi said...

oh, I love the look of this technique - both your sample and shelly's card!

Germaine Ferrao -Lenn said...

Wowza, it is so lovely, will have to case this idea, will come back n let you see my try! Hugs always!