Monday, April 20, 2009

Over The Moon Monday - Pick 3 Challenge

Another good morning to you. I hope you had a fantastic weekend. I spent Saturday at the local community park celebrating Earth Day with my family. Most of my family was serving barbecue at the event, but my youngest granddaughter and I had a wonderful time checking out the exhibits and watching the shows. We saw Native Americans and heard their music, and we watched a show of trained cockatoos, and there were lots of exhibits. We even brought home a tree to plant. A long, exhausting day, but lots of fun.

I love the Pick 3 Challenges because it gives you a lot of leeway with your creativity. So, today we will do another one. You need to pick 3 from the following list for your project:
  • Eyelets
  • The color orange
  • Dry Embossing
  • Glitter
  • Ribbon
  • A border punch

I chose the color orange, dry embossing (with a cuttlebug embossing folder), and ribbon. I had some previously made background paper that was gold and orange and very shimmery, which I embossed with a cuttlebug embossing folder. I wanted the details to stand out, so I applied black inkpad to the raised images. I went for the grunge look, which I think I achieved.

Then I stamped the sentiment (by The Angel Company) on white cardstock, and cut it out with a nestability labels 1 die. I used the next largest die to cut out a gold background to layer it onto. It looks black in the scan, but it's really gold. Black would have worked, though. I added some sheer ribon underneath the sentiment on the bottom of the card, and I was done. In real life there is a shimmer to the card that is really pretty.

I hope you have gotten some inspiration and will share your creation with us by posting a link in the comment section.

Inky hugs,

3 comments:

itsallrosi said...

the orange is perfect for this! I've been trying the ink/cuttlebug folder technique and can't get it to come out so well. I'll have to keep working on it.

Becky said...

Thanks, Laura. There are times I ink the embossing folder, but this time I just swiped the ink on the raised embossed area after it was done.

I dropped you another package in the mail today, so be on the lookout.

itsallrosi said...

I got it - love it! How did you know I wanted the sweet birds?