Monday, May 8, 2017

Something old...

Good morning!

I am part of a great group of ladies that swap a card once a month.  Each month has a theme, and this month it was to use something that you haven't used in a long time.  For me, it was stamps and tape.

The card I ended up making...


I hadn't used the silhouette stamp in a very long time.  And I love to watercolor, although I'm not very good at it.  But with a silhouette stamp you can't fail, right?  So I watercolored the background to look like a summer sunset. When it was dry, I stamped the floral silhouette image.  I had to stamp it a couple of times because of the bumpy watercolor paper, but using a stamp positioner allowed me to stamp it in the same place.  I matted it with black cardstock.

Then it was time to choose my background cardstock.  I chose this pretty yellow cardstock that matched the yellow in my watercolored piece.  But it was plain, so I dug out a stencil and some Distress Oxide Inks (they blend so smoothly) in the same colors as the watercolored piece, and sponged them on the cardstock.  The colors I used was Fossilized Amber and Faded Brick.

Now I needed something for the bottom.  I dug around through my stash and found this glittery black tape that I had purchased a couple of years ago and never used.  It was great for the bottom of the card.  

A few sequins, and viola!  I was done.  I was very pleased with the results.

Hope you are having a fantastic Monday.  I'm a little sore. My chickens have decided they love to dig underneath my huge bouganvillea, and I was afraid they would step on some of the sharp thorns and hurt their feet.  So I went to Walmart and bought some loppers and pruners and set about pruning the tree around the bottom, about 2 feet up.  Between the pruning and the raking and picking up and hauling to the curb, I used some muscles that haven't been used in a while, and I can tell it this morning. But my girls now have plenty of room to dig around under the bush without hurting themselves.

Henrietta and Goldilocks
Until next time, do something crafty!



1 comment:

Donna Ellis said...

It's a gorgeous card, Becky! I love your something old stamping - it's fun to use older items. My card is using old ribbon, old brads and old eyelet lace! The shiny aspects of your card is simply scrumptious, and I especially enjoy the background paper you customized!

Your girls look happy, and I'm glad they have a new happy place to check out the buggies. Likely that busy required pruning because of the ability for bugs to make a habitat. So your chickens actually did you a favor. Hoping your sore muscles are better in a day or two.

Happy Monday! Have a great week! xo