Friday, May 12, 2017

Anniversary Time

Hello!

Today is my 16th wedding anniversary (where has the time gone?) and I wanted to share the card I made for my dear husband.  We are soul mates.

Years ago, someone stamped a cute volkswagen beetle for me and it's been sitting in my stash, waiting for just the right moment.  I wish I had that stamp. Or at least remember who stamped it for me so I could borrow it. So, if any of you know where I can find that stamp, please let me know.  It's the perfect size to add "people" to it.

Anyway, I dug out the image, and  colored it in with red copics.  My marker obviously needs reinking.  But we've been on the road awhile and our car is old and has seen better days.  :-)



I stamped the two chickens from the Stampin' Up! set Hey Chick (Sale-A-Bration item) and cut them out.  One is me and one is my husband.  I let him have the funky "hair" since he doesn't have a lot in real life.  :-)    I adhered them to the back of the car and popped the whole thing up with stamping dimensionals.

The background trees are from the Stampin' Up! set Lovely As A Tree (#128655). I stamped them multiple times to make a forest.   You can order them here:  www.beckypartan.stampinup.net.  I made a stencil to make clouds in the sky, which I sponged with a very pale blue ink.

The hot air balloon, the dog, and the "Happy Anniversary" are from Gina K. Designs (Framescapes - Simply Spring and Framescapes - Winter Trees).

I drew in a road (the road of life) for us to travel down.  And I cut the grass in the foreground and popped it up with stamping dimensionals, so it's in the foreground.

I hope you have enjoyed my light-hearted anniversary card.  I gave it to him this morning and I must say it was a hit.

Inky hugs,
Becky

4 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

So darling, Becky! Love how you're traveling Life's path together. Happy Anniversary! May you enjoy many more happy years! XOXO

Donna Ellis said...

I'm back with my other hat, Becky, to comment on your wonderful card. Such great layers and textures! (glad hubby has the funky hair! LOL) So happy to see you at the Cardz 4 Galz Challenge. Thanks for joining in with your lovely artwork. Hope to see more of your pretty creations in our future challenge themes! Please check back to see if you have won a badge.
crafty hugs,
de

MAKKE FOAR DY said...

A very funny card Becky!
Thanks for joining our challenge at Cardz 4 Galz!

Aly DT

Babs said...

Thank you for sharing your fun Anniversary card with us at Cardz 4 Galz, looks vet the scene you have created, hope to see you again next time.

Hugs Babs DT x