Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Hug a Heart Card Drive BLOG HOP


Good morning!  I'm so glad you could join us for the Hug A Heart Blog Hop.

We have some very talented designers with us today, and I hope you will be able to visit each and every one.  There will be blog candy involved, so let's get started.


I knew I wanted my cards to be simple, something that a child could enjoy.  No loose glitter, no bulky embellishments, just a colorful card.


I started this project with a piece of 8-1/2 x 11 cardstock that I had swiped different colors of Dylusions acrylic paint on.   I didn't have a heart die, but I found a heart pattern, so I cut out some large hearts.



I did have a small heart punch, so I punched out a lot of those as well, but as you will see below, I also punched some out of the strips of colorful cardstock.


Nothing went to waste.  The small hearts I also used on cards, like the card above and the card below.


I liked the border stamp, and the fact that it could be used with any coordinating color of ink, so I used it quite a bit.


I had a scrap of some gold paper, so I put that behind the punched out hearts in the above card.


Some of the cards I just embellished the white hearts that were on the cardstock behind the punched out colorful paper.


A few different sentiments helped make the cards "friend-ly", without making the cards into Valentines.


A gel pen goes a long way to help embellish the cards, as in the stitching around the heart  on the card below. 


So you see, you don't have to make elaborate cards to join this card drive.  All in all, I am happy with the cards I will be sending Christina.

If you came here from Sue's blog, you should go on to Edwina's blog.  If not, you can start at the beginning of the hop on Christina's blog.



For more information about the Hug A Heart Card Drive, please see my post here.

And remember, there are giveaways.  


  Prize Package #1 (all participants) – everyone who sends cards will receive a freebie of Christina's Heart Panda digi and the pretty Sentiment:




Prize Package #2 (U.S. participants only) – to two random winners, a box of brand new craft goodies, each valued at $25.

Prize Package #3 (International participants only) - to two random winners, a $25 gift certificate to shop at Simon Says Stamp.

Platinum package (U.S. and International): to ONE participant with the MOST donated cards, a $50 gift certificate to Simon Says Stamps.

What's a blog hop without prizes?

Christina has generously offered a $25 gift certificate to shop at Simon Says Stamp to a random blog hop winner.
To be eligible to win, leave a comment on all blogs by Wednesday, February 8 (11:59PM EST). Winner will be announced on Christina's blog on Friday, February 10 (8AM EST).


Inky hugs!


24 comments:

Bunny said...

Yay! You're up and running. I love these colorful heart cards. They almost look watercolored.I like that they are CAS. These are sure to put a smile on someone's face.

I see you've been watching Harriet and M15. Our family all around the United States have been watching. I actually got to see E9 hatch live. It was just one of those moments where I caught it just right. Living in Florida and on the same time zone made it perfect. The little one without a sibling is growing fast.

Lori Kobular said...

Your heart cards are beautiful! I love all the bright rainbow colors on all your hearts and I know the children will too!!

KT Fit Kitty said...

Your cards are soooo cute! I LOVE the bright colours and I know the children will too! These cards will surely brighten their day!

Linda W. said...

Beautiful CAS ideas! One could also use alcohol inks to design a background. You have given me ideas to begin punching hearts! I still have the old coluzzle templates and many hearts! Thank you for joining in with Christina for the heart drive!

Edwina said...

Becky, Your heart cards are wonderful! Love the multi-colored hearts. They kids will love them too. Especially teens. Thanks for sharing. Edwina Brown

Sue said...

Becky, LOVE your bright fun cards. The rainbow colors will be a real hit with the children I am sure. Gorgeous.

Hugs
Sue

Donna said...

Fabulous cards, like how you used a similar theme on all of them and the bright cheery colors!

Fikreta said...

very ncie cards!

Christine said...

What bright and pretty hearts. May your cards bring a bright smile to each recipient!

Sybrina K said...

Wow, Becky, you've been quite busy! Love that colorful paper and your CAS designs. More importantly, these cheery cards are going to put some big smiles on some little faces. :)

Celeste Goff said...

What a beautiful collection of cards! I love that they're all different but have that same unifying background going on with the hearts...so clever!

Barbara Godden said...

Beautiful CAS cards, the hearts are the star of the show. Fabulous job.

Donna Ellis said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Donna Ellis said...

How do you EVER do it, time and again, Miss Becky? Loving the bold, happy colors, and the simplicity of the hearts, Becky. Your cards are perfect for any age! Fabulous designs! Wishing you a wonderful day! hugs, de

Cara said...

Wow! Those rainbow hearts are just awesome!
Thanks for sharing!
(Hugs) Cara
My Creative Chaos {My Personal Blog}

Tricia T said...

What pretty cards! I like all of the rainbow hearts you created!

Whisper said...

Oooo what a stunning collection of CAS 'Heart' cards, Luv Sam x

stampfoldandrepeat (Jeanie) said...

Cute heart cards! I love your added stitching on the last one and I agree - a little gel pen does go a long way!

Nikki said...

Fantastic Cards so pretty are all those hearts the effects you created are wonderful hugs Nikki

Christina said...

Becky, your cards are so beautiful and so creative! I really like all the different layout and the colorful hearts. Yes, I agree. A little gel pen does go a long way and really make a design pop. Thank you so much Becky for sharing your beautiful work and heart with others and for helping us bring smiles and encouragement to the children at Nationwide Children's Hospital this Heart Month. This card drive is a success thanks to you! Thank you from the bottom of my heart. Hugs.

Migdalia said...

Such beautiful cards!! Awesome job!!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
Crafting with Creative M

Rannah Romps said...

Wonderful cards and such great colors.

Verna Angerhofer said...

I love the bright and cheery colors you used. All are so lovely.

*Vicki* said...

WOW!! These are all fabulous and so colorful and fun!! Stunning blend of colors and I love all of the hearts!! Thanks for sharing! HUGS :)