Tuesday, May 12, 2015

More watercolors....

I had to do it....

I made a couple more watercolored DTS (Direct-to-stamp) cards for the challenge over at the Mod Squad Challenge Blog.

The first one uses the carnation stamp from the Frames and Flowers Stamp TV kit from Gina K Designs.  I used markers to watercolor the image and spritzed with water before stamping on cardstock.  I like the crisp, clean image and the clean and simple card.  I bought this set as an anniversary present to myself. (Today's my anniversary).


The next card features the same seashell stamped 3 different times with different colored markers. I matted on black then on white cardstock. 



The last card also features a rose stamp from the Frames & Flowers Stamp TV kit, Gina K. Designs. The underneath part of the rose is stamped with inks that have been spritzed with water, then the top part used a different color ink. The same goes for the leaves.  Two-step watercoloring. 
 :-)


I hope you have enjoyed my final watercoloring endeavors. I really like the look, so I'm sure you haven't seen the last of it.  But enough for now.

I hope you get to do something crafty today.


2 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

3 more spectacular watercolor beauties! Love how straight your sentiment is on the first card. It occurs to me that may be what keeps me from successfully creating CAS cards! My cards generally are made one step at a time to cover up my mistakes as I go LOL!

My favorite is the gorgeous seashell stamp. LOVE the color choices, and the simple black matting. Very classy.

Happy anniversary, Becky! Our anniversaries are just 12 days apart! hugs, de

Judy Woodland said...

These are all so beautiful. I love your treatment of this technique!! Great take on the challenge, thank you so much for participating this week at the Mod Squad Challenge