Thursday, August 19, 2010

Dragonfly Days

Good morning!  I hope you are doing well today.  It's almost time for the kids to head back to school here, but in some parts of the state (and country) school has already started.  My granddaughters can't wait for school to start so they can re-connect with their friends who they haven't seen during the summer.

I've been playing with the whimsical dragonfly stamp from the Stampsations line by My Paper Moon.  This is the first card:

The card looks gray in the scan, but it's really a navy blue.  The dragonfly was stamped with Staz-On, then without reinking I stamped it on the white cardstock several more times, giving it a shadowy appearance.  I wanted the main dragonfly to really pop, so I used crystal lacquer on the wings and body, then lightly sprinkled a light blue glitter over it while it was still wet. I used the nestability dies to cut out the main image and 2 mats. The card background is from some background papers I had, but really looks like a handmade background made using saran wrap crinkled up with ink. 

I stamped Psalm 118 on the bottom of the card.  I left the inside of the card blank, but I can use it for a birthday card, anniversary card, thinking of you card, or just leave it blank and use it as a notecard to write to my sister. 

I love the whimsy of this dragonfly stamp.  By using different colors and background papers, it totally changes the tone of the card. 

Here are a couple more cards I made using the whimsical dragonfly stamp:


On the bottom 2 cards I used glitter glue on the wings before I added the crystal lacquer.

I hope you have gotten a little inspiration today. Stay cool and I'll see you next time...

No comments: