Monday, March 22, 2010

Over The Moon Monday - Paper Piecing

Good morning!  I hope you had a great weekend.  I think spring has finally arrived.  I am hearing more birds and things are starting to green up a bit.  I like the cool weather, though, and hope it stays this way just a bit longer. I would much rather deal with the cold than the heat. (But not too cold - I am a southern gal after all).

I love to go shopping, and one of my favorite things to buy are shoes.  A girl can never have too many pairs of shoes. I have been known to find a comfortable pair of shoes and buy them in several colors (hence the saying stamp). And so, one of my favorite stamps is the shoe stamp from My Paper Moon (03-167J).

Today I am going to use the shoe stamp and paper piecing to make a whole closet full of shoes.  (grin)


I simply stamped the cardstock, then stamped onto patterned paper, cut out and adhered to the cardstock. I can make any color or pattern of shoe I want.  And then I get to embellish with rhinestones, glitter, beads, pearls, ribbon, flowers, sequins, other paper, etc.  You get the picture.

This is a great way to use up scraps.  The red shoe used a little scrap I had, then I embellished it with a scrap of holographic paper and some gemstones to give it some extra bling.

The black shoe is almost identical to one I had several years ago. I loved that shoe and wore it out. So when I saw the patterned paper, I had to make the card.  The medallions at the top were cut from the same paper and the centers are punched out of holographic paper, as is the stripe on the shoe.

You can click on each picture for a larger version.

I like to paper piece, and this is a great stamp to use because it doesn't have any really small places to cut out.

The shoe stamp is #03-167J and the saying stamp is #01-129F at My Paper Moon. I hope you have  enjoyed today's cards.  Post a link to a scan of something you have paper pieced.  If you are reading this somewhere besides the blog, you need to click here to post a comment. We would like to see your creative efforts.

I hope spring is showing it's head where you live.  It's been a cold winter and I'm sure you could use some warmer weather.  See you next week!

No comments: