Today I want to share a project that I am working on. I bought some wooden letters, and I have been working on altering them. This is the first one...
It has been a fun project, that is ongoing, and I am enjoying working on different letters.
To alter this letter, I first painted the letter with gesso. Then I painted it the base color with acrylic paints. When that was dry, I got out my texture paste and some stencils. I mixed a little spray inks and/or color burst powders with the texture paste to make it colored. Then I spread the paste through the stencils to get the raised portion. I let that dry. I also sprayed some of the spray inks and moved it around to give it a variegated look (some parts lighter, some darker). After it was dry, I coated the entire thing with a glossy sealer.
While that was drying, I die cut some flowers and leaves and colored them with my alcohol ink markers. I also die cut the butterfly out of glitter paper. I adhered a piece of burlap around the stem of the R, then adhered my flowers. I added some sequins, and pearls to the flower centers. A little glitter glue on the textured flower centers finished it off.
I think the person who is going to receive this will love it. Blue is her favorite color. And I have another friend who loves purple, so I made this one for her:
I didn't get a good picture of this one, I got too much reflection back off the glossy sealer. But I already gave it to her and she loved it. And I will be working on more of these, they are fun!
Hope you have enjoyed. Have a great day!
P.S. I played along at the Mod Squad Challenge blog and won in the Top 3 for my letter R. Woohoo!