Wednesday, August 21, 2013

By The Sea

Hello, once again.  I spent a few days this summer by at the beach.  Well, it's really not the beach...I'm not a big fan of sand, but the area where we live has an inlet to get from the lagoon out into the Atlantic.  This inlet has a tide pool and I love to go there.  There are picnic tables, and the tide pool never gets very deep, so it's the perfect place for children.  And as an added bonus, sometimes manatees come to swim. These gentle giants are protected, so you can't actually touch them, but they get pretty close sometimes.  We usually take a lunch and make it a day.

Pelicans sitting on the rocks

We have a canopy over the picnic table and our chair near the water.  Very relaxing.

So, with all this beach inspiration, I want to share a card I made during my stamping time recently.


The palm tree stamp is from My Paper Moon, and the beach and water and sky are hand colored. with Copics.  Glitter added to the water to show the light reflection.

Hope you are having a great day today.


1 comment:

Donna Ellis said...

What a wonderful place for inspiration, Miss Becky! Thanks for sharing the photos, and your pretty card! hugs, de