Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Tuesday Tip Day - More Fiber Fun

WOW!! Less than 2 weeks til Christmas.  The time has snuck up on me, and I'm not ready.  Are you ready?  I did manage to get all my Christmas cards done, but I haven't finished my Christmas shopping.  Yikes, I'd better get a move on.

This blog is posted several different places, so not all the comments show up here. It's also linked to my Facebook page, and of course, the comments there don't show up here.  If you want to friend me on Facebook, please make sure you put blog in the comment section so I'll know where you found me.

Now, let's get some more fiber tips!  Some of these may also be used for scrapbooking. I like that you can use fibers in multiple places.

You can use fibers to:

  • Map out your vacation route with fiber threaded through eyelets (great scrapbook page)
  • Spell out the greeting, using fibers to stitch out the letters
  • Make a frame around a stamped image.
  • Use as laces on paper pieced shoes (great for paper pieced sneakers)
  • Use fibers to tie 2 or more elements together
  • Scarf on a stamped or paper pieced snowman
  • Create bows
  • Fringe on animals
  • Build a water/mountain outline
  • Attach a tail to a kit
  • Use for seaweed
  • Make clotheslines for hanging small clothes with tiny pins.
  • Stitching a template design
  • To hang or attach buttons or charms
  • Use to hang signs from buttons, brads or eyelets
Can you think of other uses for fibers?  Please leave a comment and let us know.

I don't know if I will get to post again before Christmas, but I'll try.  If not, have a great Christmas.

Hugs,

No comments: