Friday, July 20, 2018

Using Household Products to Make Cards - Part 2

Good Friday morning!  Happy to see you here.

I've been playing some more with other household products to make cards.   Here are some of the results.


The above card was made by pouncing cut up rubber bands into dye ink then pouncing on cardstock. 


This is a picture of the rubber bands that I cut up to do the previous card.  I secured a handful of the rubber bands with a rubber band to form a little handle.  I cut the other end off to make the pouncy things.  It was easier to just take a photo than try to describe it.  :-)

The next two cards use household bleach in two different ways.


For this card, I stamped the background onto white cardstock with a large background stamp in purple ink.  Then I sponged the same color ink on the background to cover the white. I stamped the flower image with Versamark ink and heat embossed it with black embossing powder.  Then I brought out the household bleach.  I bleached the flower and leaves.  I wanted a little contrasting color, so I colored the leaves back in with an alcohol marker. I like how it didn't totally remove the background stamping.  I think it gives the flower some texture.


This one was stamped on yellow cardstock and heat embossed with black embossing powder.  I used the household bleach to remove the color from the yellow cardstock flower.  I used alcohol markers to add a little bit of color back to the flower and to the leaves. 

So, these are a few more ways you can use household products in your stamping. 

My daughter sells Thirty-One, so we are going to a Christmas in July event tomorrow in Riverview Park (outside).  It's brutally hot here, so I hope we don't melt.  If you are local, stop by and say hello.

Hope you have a great weekend.

Inky hugs,


1 comment:

Donna Ellis said...

They are gorgeous, Becky! The flower image is beautiful! Hugs, de