Thursday, May 25, 2017

Get Well Card Using Transfer Gel

Good afternoon!

We finally got some rain. Yay! We have really needed it, and so I'm happy that it finally rained here.  Now we should have a nice weekend ahead of us.


I wanted to share a card with you today that I made for a friend.  She had surgery, and is on the mend, so I made her this little card to cheer her up.

First I used a Tim Holtz stencil on a piece of 5-1/2 x 4-1/4 white cardstock, and applied green ink. After I removed the stencil, I sponged Lemon Lime Twist (Stampin' Up new In Color color) all over the cardstock.  Then I reapplied the stencil over where I had sponged the original green and applied a thin coat of ThermoWeb Transfer Gel.  I let it almost dry and then sprinkled some Gina K Prismatic glitter over it.  The gel grabs the glitter and keeps it firmly attached to the card.  But it needs a little bit to dry, so I went on to making the flowers.  I think a nice variegated purple would look nice with the green vines.

To start off, I used some Distress Oxide Inks on another sheet of white cardstock in a variety of colors to get a variegated look.  I applied them to an acrylic block, spritzed them with water, and smooched them onto the cardstock.  I let them dry between colors.  When I was happy with the results, I stamped little flowers (Petite Petals Stampin' Up # 133155) and punched them out (Stampin' Up #133322).  I pushed down on the flower centers with my pencil to give them a little texture.  I adhered them to my background panel.  Now they need centers, so I used Nuvo Crystal drops to give them a center, and let dry.  By the way, the Petite Petals and the Punch are both on the retiring list, so if you like them and want them, you need to order by May 31st.  You can order at www.beckypartan.stampinup.net.

I adhered the background panel to a dark green cardstock, stamped "Get Well Soon" on the inside and it's done.

By letting the transfer gel amost dry before applying the glitter, it didn't get overwhelmed by the glitter.  You can see from the picture that it's got some glittery shine, but not a lot.  I could have left the glitter off, and when the transfer gel dried it would have just been shiny, but not glittery.

Anyway, I'm happy with the card, and I'm pretty sure my friend will like it, too.

Inky hugs,





1 comment:

Donna Ellis said...

How beautiful, Becky! XOXO