Monday, July 27, 2015

Things With Wings

Hello!

I love butterflies.  I have lots of butterfly stamps, dies and punches. I just don't use them often enough.  I needed to make a card that contains something with wings, so it was a good excuse to pull out my butterfly stamps.

Here is the card I made:

It's a pretty simple card.  I masked the left side of the card with torn post it notes, then sponged the yellow ink on the right side of the white cardstock.  Then, with the mask still in place, I stamped a music stamp.  I removed the mask and stamped the roses and leaves (Gina K Designs).  It's 2 step stamping, and gives a beautiful look.  I stamped the butterfly in a dark brown ink over orange cardstock and then die cut it out.  Glued it to the card front and flexed the wings (which you can't see in this flat scan).

The card is versatile and can be used for a birthday card, a sympathy card, a get well card or a thinking of you card.  I am posting this card in the Mod Squad Challenge for The Wing's The Thing challenge.

Hope you enjoy!

2 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

Becky! Love LOVE your butterfly card. I especially like the colors with the sunny yellow ANd rich brown in your butterfly! It's beautiful and a Wonderful card design!

Judy Woodland said...

Your card is beautiful, Becky! I love the way you have used these stamps here, and your soft colors are gorgeous too! Great take on the challenge, thanks so much for playing along this week at the Mod Squad Challenge