Saturday, May 17, 2014

Another Birthday Card

Good morning!  I think I've mentioned this before, but May is the month for birthdays in our family.  I didn't bore you with my hubby's birthday card, nor some of the others, but today I want to share my youngest granddaughter's birthday card. Her birthday is today.

(Click image for larger view)

Emilie is growing up and this is her last year in elementary school. Next year she will be attending the middle school.  It's hard to imagine that the girls are growing up.  Em was born on my birthday, and what a birthday gift she was.  Over 10 lbs. and a beauty.

Emilie likes to sing, so I used a music note for a background.

I used a digital image for the main image, and colored her with Copics and other markers.  There is a lot of subtle glitter and some shimmer on the wings, and glitter on the dress and flowers.  About the only thing not glittered is the skin and hair. :-)

I made some paper with the same colors using my gelli plate, and die cut that, then some polka dotted paper with the same colors, then I cut out my fairy image and pop dotted her so she would stand out.  I used the same paper on the inside of the card and stamped Happy Birthday.

Emilie also got a kitten, so she got pretty much the same cat paraphernalia that Rachel got, and I'm also sticking some money in her card so she can go shopping.  She likes to shop.  :-)

Have a stamp happy day.


3 comments:

Sandra H said...

Hiya Becky, Oh this is so sweet your image is simply gorgeous and your card is so beautifully presented take care xx

Donna Ellis said...

Hi, Becky! She is adorable! Love your little angel done in teals and green - lovely colors! The glitter is fabulous (of course) - it is the perfect card to upload to the Sparkle N Sprinkle challenge blog this month! Very pretty. thank you for your kind emails and comments recently. My finger tips are slowly becoming less painful, so I am trying to type a little bit more each day without triggering the symptoms again LOL huggers, de

Becky said...

Thanks for the kind comments. I read every single one, although I don't always reply. I do appreciate them, though. :-)