Friday, June 22, 2012

Acrylic Paint Background

I love messing around with acrylic paints, and make a lot of my card backgrounds with them.


I usually thin the paint out a bit then smoosh it on the cardstock.  You can use an old credit card to move the paint around, as well as combs and other household items.  I usually just sponge mine on.

The stamp is from The Angel Company, and is stamped on glossy cardstock that has had alcohol ink applied.  I tore the edges.  I used the polka dot ribbon and the buckle to add a little interest.  This ended up being a birthday card for my brother-in-law.

Have a happy day.

Becky

3 comments:

Sandra H said...

Wow this is brilliant and l like the idea with the paint which l have 2 colours of and haven't used so might just give it a go myself and your image is beautiful:)x

Becky said...

Thanks, Sandra. Just thin it a bit with water. Not too much, just enough so it's easy to work with.

CandyS said...

Love this!! I, too, have the paint but never use it. Going to have to get busy and try it!!