Anyway, I found this recipe in the Farmer's Almanac, and thought it would be nice to share, especially with our ladies in the north where it's cold who get chapped lips.
Here is the recipe for Homemade Lip Balm. You will need:
- 1/3 cup melted beeswax
- 1-1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon glycerin, USP, vegetable (you should be able to get this at the pharmacy).
And here is how you make it:
- Melt the beeswax over low heat in a double boiler
- In separate pan heat olive oil and glycerin, just to heat.
- Add beeswax to the olive oil and stir over low heat until combined.
- Pour into clean small glass jars or small tins. Allow to cool at room temperature, then seal with lids.