Wednesday, January 26, 2011

The Cat's Meow

Hello!  Good to see you again.

It's hump day and we're halfway through another week.  I'm a weekend person and love to spend it with my family, or crafting, so I live for Friday. I just found out there is a Hobby Lobby near me, and I'm cooking up a road trip. I don't have any craft stores really close by, so it's fun to have a girls day and spend it with my daughter and granddaughters going to craft stores. Of course, the times I have to take my hubby instead, he's pretty  good about hanging out while I shop. Usually I've let him shop first at the sporting goods store, so he's a happy chappy.

Anyway, today I wanted to share a special card I made for a special friend.

I love the Lady Catsby stamp, and for a special card she goes well with the Cat's Meow stamp. Another easy card with no lumps and bumps, since I'm mailing this card to my friend.

I stamped the cat onto glossy cardstock and colored with markers.  I cut apart the cat's meow stamp so I could put it on multiple lines, and stamped above and below the cat.  I used a ticket corner punch to trim the corners.  I layered it onto green cardstock and punched those corners as well.  I punched holes along each side of the white cardstock with my needle punch.  I used a pink lightly patterned cardstock for the background, and a scrap piece of floral patterned paper that I tore along one edge.  To give the card a little dimension, I used crystal lacquer on the parasol and the shoes. And I ended up with a stray black mark on the cardstock, so I covered it with a white bow. Pretty clever, don't you think?  I didn't want to throw it away and start all over. When I make a boo boo, I try to salvage the card if at all possible, since my time to craft and play is at a premium.

I'm happy with how the card turned out, and I'm sure my friend will be, too.

Hope you have a happy day...

No comments: