Monday, June 14, 2010

Over The Moon Monday - Father's Day

Good morning!  How was your week?  I hope you had a fun week and got to do some crafting.  The heat here is brutal, so I've been spending as much time as possible inside, just to stay cool.  I've been enjoying the sunsets and sitting in the hot tub. We don't keep ours really warm, so it's been very refreshing, and a great way to beat the heat. I don't know what we did before we got it.

Today I want to share a card I made for my hubby for Father's Day.  He's a great guy (and the reason we have the hot tub), and I want to show my appreciation for all the things he does for me.

I like to keep my cards simple, without a lot of bulky embellishments so that I can mail them without a lot of extra postage.  Don't get me wrong, I love the look of cards with bulky embellishments, that's just not my style. Anyway, here is the card:


It's a pretty self-explanatory card, but here's how I made it anyway (for those of you who like written instructions):

  • I stamped the hat 6 times, twice on each of 3 colors, and cut them out.
  • I applied flocking to the hat bands, and let dry
  • I used a nestability die to cut 6 pieces of cardstock, two each of three colors. These are the same colors I used to stamp the hats.
  • I adhered the hats to the different colors of cardstock.
  • I trimmed a piece of kraft cardstock with a scalloped edge punch.
  • I adhered the hats in a manner that was pleasing to me to the kraft cardstock.
  • I adhered the entire thing to a green base card.
  • I stamped Happy Father's Day. (Stamp mfg. unknown)

I like the texture the flocking gives to the card without all the bulkiness.

Here are some things I could have done differently:

  • I could have embossed the individual pieces before adhering the hats to them, but I liked the plain look.  
  • I could have embossed the kraft layer before adhering the rectangles.
  • I could have arranged the hats differently.
I hope you have enjoyed this card.  May your have a great week, filled with sunshine and laughter, and may you get to be creative.

No comments: