Monday, May 24, 2010

Over The Moon Monday - Pick 3 Challenge

Good afternoon. Another week has flown by. It seems like the older I get the quicker time flies.  I got to do a little stamping and card making this weekend, and that's always a good thing.  My brother's birthday is coming up, and I wanted to do something for that.  And I have a wedding card to make, for my husband's nephew by marriage, but I'll save that for another post, since I have some time to get that done.

My brother has had a lot of medical problems, and I wanted to make something to remind him to count his blessings for what he has and can do, and not dwell on what he doesn't have (or can't do). I have a little stamp by Hero Arts that I think will do nicely. And so we will have a Pick 3 Challenge.
Here are the things to pick from:
  • Animal
  • Rivets
  • Birthday
  • Lace
  • Patterned Paper
  • Punch
Just pick 3 of the above items and share your creation via a link in the comment section. Here is my creation:
I stamped the sheep (Hero Arts) onto white cardstock and colored using Copic markers.  I used a nestability die to cut out the image.  Based on the colors I used to color the image, I chose my patterned paper for the background. 

I used the same nestability die in 2 larger sizes, once to make a mat for the image with the background paper, and a larger one on white cardstock for the final mat.

On the inside I stamped "Happy Birthday" and matted it with the same patterned paper that I used for the background. 

A very simple card that looks nice.

I hope you have a wonderful week, and I'll look forward to seeing your creations, and also seeing you back here next week for the wedding card. Until then, do something crafty!

No comments: