Monday, May 3, 2010

Over The Moon Monday - Pick 3 Challenge

Good morning!  I hope you had a great weekend. I pulled a muscle some time ago, and I keep reinjuring the same muscle before it has had time to heal, and it gave me a great deal of pain and trouble this weekend.  I have to get it better before next weekend, because we are doing our annual Family Birthday Bash (5 Birthdays, 1 Anniversary, Mother's Day, and our Anniversary).  This year we are taking everyone to the Florida Keys, since my kids and grandkids haven't been before. We are only taking a long weekend (Friday through Monday), but we'll have fun. The guys can spend one day deep sea fishing while the girls can go to Theater of the Sea for the dolphin shows, and the rest of the time we will just get some much needed R & R.

This week we will have a Pick 3 Challenge. I like those because they give you a lot of leeway. These are the things you get to choose from:

  1. Lace
  2. The color green
  3. An animal
  4. Fun Flock
  5. Punch
  6. Birthday
You know the drill...pick 3 of the 6 and make a card using those 3, then post a link to the comment section.  And here is my creation:


Since we have a lot of birthdays this month, I made this card for my youngest granddaughter.  She will be 7, and the colors are bright and vibrant, and something she'll love.

Anyway, for the challenge I chose a bird (animal), the color green, a scalloped border punch, and the celebrate sentiment for her birthday.  The colors are very bright (they don't show well in the scan).  I stamped the bird and colored him first, I colored the hat with bright colors, then added glitter glue for some bling. Then I punched him out with a nestability punch.  I wanted him "out of the box", so I followed the directions on Split Coast Stampers to accomplish this. 

Then I layered the cut out image on a green layer, then a red layer. I stamped "celebrate" onto yellow cardstock with green ink, then punched it out with a Fiskars scallop border punch.  I used a ruler to make faux stitches across the top. I adhered everything to the patterned background.  Inside it says "a little birdy told me it's your birthday."  Emilie will love it.

I hope you have a great week.  Even though I will be in the keys resting and relaxing, I will still have a blog entry for you next week, so see you then. Maybe if we have enough people who take the challenge and post a link (10 or more), I will give out blog candy and/or stamps.  So tell your  friends to get busy and post a link. ;-)

One last thing before I leave...over at Rubber Stamp Chat they are having a virtual stamp convention from Thursday, May 6th - Monday, May 10th.  Even though I will be gone, I will be participating in the convention, so mark your calendars and head on over to Rubber Stamp Chat on Thursday, May 6th.

No comments: