Monday, March 29, 2010

Over The Moon Monday - Pick 3 Challenge

Good Monday morning!  How was your weekend?  Weekends are always too short for my liking.  We need a weekend in the middle of the week.  Don't you agree?

Today is my daughter's birthday.  I hope she has a happy one.  She loves giraffes, and so I thought the card I made for today's challenge would be an appropriate one. I think she'll like it. The giraffe stamp is from My Paper Moon. For the next couple of days, if you enter the code MADNESS at checkout, you will get 17% off your order.

Today we will have a Pick3 challenge.  Here are the selections:

  • Animal
  • Anniversary
  • Brads
  • Brown
  • Ribbon
  • Lace
Choose 3 and make your card.  Then leave a link here in the comment section and share it with us. I chose animal (giraffe), brown and brads.  Here is the card:
If you click on the card above, you will get a larger image.

I used a lot of left overs making this card, which is a good thing.  I had small bits of some cuttlebug embossed folders, some glossy cardstock with alcohol ink spots, and some glimmer mist cardstock.  They all came together very nicely with the giraffe that I stamped on the piece of oval cardstock.  I used browns and  yellows to age the oval, which also helped color the giraffe.  I used a scalloped nestability die to punch some brown cardstock, which I put behind the giraffe layer. The edge is punched with a Fiskars scalloped punch, then the brown cardstock is layered behind, and I used a brown marker to make the dots. I finished it off with 3 antique brown brads. There is a shimmer to the glimmer mist cardstock that is barely visible, but beautiful nonetheless.

I hope you have enjoyed my card today, and I hope you will post a link to your challenge. If you are reading this somewhere besides the blog, you might be missing out on valuable coupons.

Have a great week. Do something crafty.

1 comment:

Donna Ellis said...

Love the combinations of textures, colors, and techniques, Becky! Your cards always have a hint of "surprise" as the eye ravishes the card!