Monday, February 1, 2010

Over The Moon Monday - Cool Cat


Good morning and welcome to another Over The Moon Monday.

I hope you have had a great week, and you didn't get too much snow where you live.

Today I want to use one of my favorite stamps to make another Valentine. This stamp (Cool cat - #02-134I) is very versatile, and I have a number of sayings that fit into the heart. He can be paper pieced very easily, also.

I have returned to making simple cards. Mainly because I donate a lot of my cards to various causes (supporting the troops and helping special needs individuals), it is easier for them to mail flat cards. So, with that being said, let's get to today's card.

I used the black dotted paper to make the card background. I stamped a piece of red cardstock with a lip stamp, using versamark, so it came out like a watermark (although you can't see it in the scan). Then I tore it and attached it to the background.

I used a nestability die to cut out some white cardstock, then stamped the cool cat in the middle. I colored him with copic markers. I stamped again onto the black dotted paper and cut out the heart, which I attached to the cat. The cat is made so that he's easily cut out, and you could use pop dots to put him onto the background and give him some dimension.

I attached the whole thing to the background. I stamped "I love you" onto white cardstock, then used a red marker to faux stitch the top and bottom. I attached this to the bottom of the card. I stamped a sentiment in the inside and I was done.

I hope you have a great week.

No comments: