Monday, January 4, 2010

Over The Moon Monday - Pick 3 Challenge



Good morning and welcome to the first Over The Moon Monday of the new year. Did you make any resolutions? How are you coming along with them? I have to admit, I'm not doing real great with mine, but I'm trying.

As you know, I am a big fan of the Pick 3 Challenges. I just think they help to jump-start your creativity. At least they do mine. So, with that being said, let's get started.

Pick 3 of the following 6 things to incorporate into your card. You can choose more than 3, but you have to use at least 3:

  • Valentine's Day image
  • Brads
  • the color red
  • glitter
  • ribbon
  • buttons
I chose too use 2 images that will be coming out in the next few weeks at My Paper Moon, so you are getting a sneak peak. I also chose the color red, and the ribbon. Here is my card:

It was rather easy to make, and allowed me to use up some scraps of paper that had been hanging around. I adhered those onto white cardstock to use as the background, then stamped the cupid image onto white cardstock. I used a nestability die to cut it out, then colored it with copic markers. I cut out red cardstock with the larger nestability die for a background. I put the polka dot ribbon between the 2 layers and adhered it. Then I adhered that to the background. I then stamped "Be Mine" onto red cardstock. I punched a scalloped edge with a Fiskars scallop edge punch onto one side of the red cardstock. I used a black marker to do faux stitching on the bottom edge, then adhered it to the card. On the inside I stamped "Happy Valentine's Day" (of course).

I hope you share your creation with us. Just leave a comment with a link to your creation so we call can see. Also, let me know what you think about the new images.

Until next week, take care and do something crafty.

No comments: