Monday, December 14, 2009

Over The Moon Monday

Good morning and welcome to Over The Moon Monday. I can't believe the weather here in Florida. It's less than 2 weeks from Christmas, and it's still in the 80's. We truly need some cooler weather.

I did get some Christmas shopping done. We are only buying for the granddaughters this year, as their dad has been out of work for over 6 months, and money is tight. We try to help them out all we can, so money is tight for us, too. But the girls will be taken care of.

I had the opportunity to work on another Herringbone card (I shared an ATC previously), and wanted to share it with you. I love the look of these cards, each one has a different look, depending on the patterned papers you use. And it's surprisingly easy to achieve.


This week I wanted to work with the Layered Star stamp from My Paper Moon. This is a very versatile stamp, as you can see below.

I stamped the image onto the green, pink and red patterned paper and adhered to cardstock. I stamped the image also onto green solid paper and red solid paper. I cut out the triangles from the green cardstock and adhered to the patterned paper. Then I cut the red triangles out and used pop dots to adhere them over the green triangles. I then cut out the red star medallion from the inside of the image, and adhered it with pop dots to the center. I cut out the small green star and the small red star from the very center, and adhered them with adhesive.

I can make another and adhere it to the back, punch a hole, thread some pretty ribbon and use as an ornament for my tree, or I can adhere to a card and send to a friend. Wouldn't these look beautiful with different Christmas patterned paper and used as Christmas ornaments?

Here are some of the ways you can use this stamp:

Just by cutting the stamped image apart and using pop dots, or making cuts and folds, you can totally change the look of this image. I apologize for the smallness of this image, but it was resized for the website.

I hope you have a wonderful week.

No comments: