Monday, November 30, 2009

Over The Moon Monday - Digital Images

Good morning and welcome to another Over The Moon Monday. I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving and got some shopping done. Now it's time to sit back with a nice cup of chocolate and relax a bit. The Christmas holidays will soon be upon us, so relax and enjoy it while you can.


I am a diligent reader of a blog called Dear Paperlicious (you can find it in the sidebar to the right). The author is witty and talented, and I enjoy reading her blogs. Last week she had a post about digital images. I rarely use digital images. To me that almost seems like cheating. There is nothing more satisfying that to put ink to rubber and stamp an image. Now, if you are a digital image fan, that's fine. It's just not something I usually do. However. You knew there was going to be a "however", didn't you?

I went to the Daisie Company website, http://www.daisiecompany.com/freebies/xmas.php and downloaded a free digital image. I chose the one of the bank, because I like to make a special card for the bank I do business with, and this one will be more personal.

Here is the card I made.
To make it my own, I used an x-acto knife and cut out the windows and door, then put a piece of clear acetate behind it to look like real window panes, then used glitter glue to make some frost/snow on the panes. I think I will use a black marker to write in the bank name above "Bank & Trust". I used a lot of glitter glue on the card, even though some of it is hard to see in the scan. I think the girls at the bank will like it.

If you use a digital image, why don't you share a link in the comment section?

Have a great week!

1 comment:

Shelly said...

That is darling, Becky!!! They're going to love it at your bank.

I like digital images, but could never give up my rubber stamps. They are my first love. :)