Monday, June 8, 2009

Over The Moon Monday - Technique Challenge


Good morning! Today is another Over The Moon Monday, and I'm glad you're here. Today I have a technique challenge. This challenge is very similar to The Double Bugging found in the Technique Junkie's current issue, although I have been doing mine for awhile and do it a little differently. Let's get started, shall we?


Here is my sample card, using stamps from The Angel Company (butterfly and small leaves) and Hero Arts (sentiment).

To start, you will need 2 cuttlebug embossing folders, a bone folder, sponges, and 2 colors of dye ink, along with your cardstock and a die cut machine (to do the embossing).

First, you emboss the cardstock with the first embossing folder. I used the dotted swiss folder for my first embossing. Then I sponged one of the dye inks (yellow) onto the raised part of the cardstock.

Next I took the bone folder and carefully run it over the embossed cardstock so that it's flattened back down. The dye ink will still be there, but now it will be flat again. Next I took the second embossing folder (the harlequin looking one) and ran the cardstock through the die cut machine again.

The I took the sponge and carefully sponged the 2nd color of dye ink (the green) over the embossed cardstock. Layer onto your card and finish adding your stamped images or embellishments.

I layered mine onto yellow cardstock, then I used the other pieces of the green cardstock to stamp the leaves and sentiment. I stamped the butterfly, cut out and added glitter glue, and adhered it and the flower to the top corner to finish the card.

I hope you have enjoyed this tutorial, and I look forward to seeing your creation. Just leave a link in the comments section. Have a great week!

No comments: