Sunday, August 10, 2008

Another Stencil Card


As promised, here is another version of my stencil card.


This one was made on a faux batik watercolored background, which allows the faux batik to show through the stencil. I really like it.

To make this card, I stamped a large background swirl stamp onto plain cardstock using versamark. I then embossed with clear embossing powder.

Tip: When you are using Versamark, remember to clean your stamps immediately.

Then I watercolored the background with soft pastel colors, which do not show up in this scan. I put the cardstock between some copy paper and ironed until the embossed design was gone. It doesn't take long. This is the faux batik technique.

Then I stenciled the flower onto the cardstock blending my dye ink colors. That allowed the faux batik part to show through my stencilled area. To finish the card I stamped the flourishes and the stitched part along the top, matted on yellow cardstock.

I think I might like this one better than the first stencil card. Especially if you could see it in real life. The colors are so soft and subtle as to almost not be there.

Let me know what you think about this card.

See you again soon....

Becky

No comments: