Saturday, June 28, 2008

Faux Handmade Paper



Happy Saturday!

I made the above card using a technique called Faux Handmade Paper, from the Technique Junkie's newsletter, which can be found here.

I then ran the paper through the cuttlebug using an embossing folder. I used a lot of different colors making the faux handmade paper, and it really shows in the relief from the embossing folder. I added a flower, stamped the sentiment, rounded the corners and adhered it all to a glossy black backround. I love the way it turned out and it's so textured in real life.


Please continue keep my great nephew, Bradley, who was diagnosed with acute lyphocytic leukemia (ALL), in your prayers. He is to begin his chemotherapy and the search will begin for a bone marrow donor today. According to his sister, his chances for "recovery" are 30 - 40%, which are not good odds for a young man in his early 20's.


I hope you have a great weekend and get a chance to craft some. I've been cooking rubber f0r orders all afternoon, and now it's time to play a while. It's great therapy, and I want to make a special card for my neice, and another for Bradley.


We'll chat again soon...


1 comment:

Lesley said...

Hi Becky,

Love the card - I'll have to try this technique. Sorry to hear about your nephew, and will keephim in my prayers.

Lesley