Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Tuesday Technique - Fossil Stone

Good Tuesday morning! It's a beautiful day here on the Treasure Coast of Florida. The weather is gorgeous, and I'm really enjoying it, especially so late in the year. It won't be long before it's hot and muggy, and then I won't be enjoying it at all!

Here is another card I made using the Fossil Stone technique for the background. You can see more of the background on this one. Again, it's a simple process. I use a couple of colors of re-inkers of dye ink. I have used other ink, but the liquidity (is that a word?) of the dye ink seems to do better. I put a few drops of each color randomly on the inside of a page protector. To better allow me to do this, I have cut one long side and the bottom off the page protector so it opens like a book. I close the page protectors and kind of mix the colors with my fingers, being careful not to mix too much so they get muddy. Then I put 2 pieces of glossy cardstock (back to back, glossy sides out) into the page protector, close the cover, and run my brayer over it to move the ink around. When I'm satisfied with the 2 pieces of cardstock, I remove them and let dry. You can usually get 2 sets of glossy cardstock out of this technique. The 2nd set will be lighter. Now I'm ready to stamp my image or use as a background mat.

Hope you can spend some time crafting today. Why don't you post a link to what you're doing?

Talk again soon...

Becky

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card. The background technique sounds so easy. I must give it a try. Regina