Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Handmade Journal

Good morning and happy hump day. When we get over the Wednesday hump, we'll be on a downhill slide into the weekend! Woohoo!



I've been busy since last I posted. I have made a handmade art journal. Isn't it pretty? The scan doesn't do it justice. I even sewed the pages together. The pages are held in the journal by 4 ribbons, which are tied on the outside, and the knots are staggered. You can't see that in the scan. I used 4 of the colors from the blocks on the cover for the ribbon colors. It also closes with a ribbon tie, which you also can't see.

I learned how to make this journal at My Creative Classroom (http://www.mycreativeclassroom.com/). This particular class is free, but there are mostly paid classes there, including altered art, scrapbooking, journaling, stamping, jewelry making, home decor, and everything in between. Check it out when you have a few minutes.

These journals are addictive. While working on my first creative writing assignment - I have to think about it, you know - I decided to make another blank journal, which turned out just as nice as the other.

Ok, here is my creative writing assignment. Maybe you can help me out. The assignment is "Feel the Fear - and do it anyway." I'm supposed to write about something that I'm fearful about, that I've worked through the fear and done anyway. Hah! Everyone who knows me knows that if I'm chicken about something, there's no way I'm going to do it anyway. The thing that comes to mind right away is my fear of heights. Which includes mountains and roller coasters. And there is no way I am going on a roller coaster. Or a mountain. So there! Hah!

Don't get me wrong, it's not because I don't want to do those things. I would dearly love to ride roller coasters with my wonderful hubby, but I know I would hyperventilate when the ride started for sure, and I probably would have a heart attack and die right at the theme park. The fear is that paralyzing. So...I must figure out something else that I was fearful of that I did anyway. Any ideas?

Here is another Freebie site. It's called Artist-How-To.com and the link is here: http://www.artist-how-to.com/Countdown.htm. Check them out!

Talk to you soon!

No comments: