Friday, January 25, 2008

My Challenge Card for "My"

A group I belong to is having word challenges. This is my card for the word "My":


This was a fun card to make. I like the sun through the window, and I like the zig-zag stitching (it was done with white ink, so it's very faint in the scan) on the card.

I have been thinking about my next craft purchase. I'm leaning heavily towards the Cuttlebug. I love the texture plates, and I can't wait to get the Cuttlebug and try it out. It sounds like it will do everything I want it to do. If you have one and want to email me with the pros and cons, I'd appreciate it.

I also want to get some beeswax and play. I have done encaustic wax techniques with crayons, and that was fun, but there is so much more you can do with beeswax.

I would like to share more techniques here, so please let me know what you would like to see.

As a side note, my New Years Resolution was to stop smoking. I have been successful for 25 days now. There are still times when I have that craving, but they are few and far between now, and I think I have this thing licked.

Have a great weekend, and TGIF!

1 comment:

Chookarooni said...

This is one purchase you will not regret - my only regret - why didn't I buy it sooner - get some big embossing folders too! The flower die set is great 2X6 set and the Olivia alphabet is so versatile!
Mary-Jane