Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Foil Painting

Good morning! Yes, it's still morning here.

I tried a new technique this past weekend, and the results were stunning. I need to scan a picture so you can see what I mean. And it was very easy to do.

I stamped on acetate with Staz-On, let dry, then colored in with markers. Next I crumpled a piece of aluminum foil and put behind the acetate. I attached the "sandwich" to cardstock with brads (or eyelets). It was gorgeous! I really must scan it.

Another technique I want to try is encaustic wax. I think it's so cool, and I remember doing something similar as a child. We would shave crayons into waxed paper, then put leaves on top of that, then more waxed paper. Then iron. The crayons between the waxed papers would melt and hold the waxed paper together, and the leaves were added embellishment. I think I remember making a frame for this and hanging it on the wall. So now I just need to get out the old crayons and play.

Below is one of the t-shirts that are available from My Paper Moon. You need to check them out. I'm adding more as quickly as I can.



There is a storm in the Atlantic named Chantal, but she's moving north, so we don't have to worry about her. The next one is rolling off the coast of Africa (so I've been told), so I'll have to keep my eyes open for that one.

Ok, need to get to work, so will talk to you soon.

No comments: