Friday, November 24, 2006

Thanksgiving and Work

Well, as you can see, I didn't post yesterday, Thanksgiving. That's because we were having too much fun! We went to my daughter's house to spend Thanksgiving with her and her family (minus Rachel, who went to Orlando with her other grandmother). Christy (my daughter), cooked the turkey. Only she let some of the drippings run all over the oven floor. So, when they pre-heated the oven to put the rolls in, the oven caught on fire and blew the door open. Flames were shooting up. Fortunately Scott, my husband, was right there to close the oven door, which put the flames out. But the smoke detectors went off, which is a good thing, only with tile floor they reverberate. The house was filled with smoke, so we opened all the doors and windows for the smoke to billow out. I'm surprised the neighbors didn't call the fire department. We finally got to sit down to eat, by which time everything was cold, but it was good anyway. Then we all vegged out the rest of the afternoon.

Today (Friday) the weather can't decide if it wants to be warm or cold, but that's okay, I'm inside working my fingers to the bone. I installed a new copy of Quickbooks on my computer in August, so I'm having to re-create all the invoices and stuff from January 1 through July 31, because tax time is coming. That means entering all the inventory again, all the bills, all the orders. Ugh! It's not an easy job and will take me a couple more days working all day. Why do I decide to change versions in the middle of the year? Am I nuts? This was supposed to be a day off from work, and what am I doing? I'd rather be pressing rubber than bookwork.

Well, it's time to go back to work. Hope you got a lot of shopping done today.

No comments: